What is RecruitRecruit is a program for managing the faculty recruitment process. The system allows applicants to apply electronically and enables the search committee to see applicant files online.
How References use Recruit
Note: You should have received an email with instructions to log into the system one of two ways. The email will have the subject line: "UC Davis Recruit: Letter of Reference Requested." If you have not received this email, please contact the applicant so he/she knows to initiate it.Using the Easy Login Link:
Click the Easy Login Link in your email.
Easy Login Link format:
You will now be logged into Recruit as a reference.
If the Easy Login Link does not work, you can log into the system by providing your email address and the token provided in the email.
Go to the reference login URL:
- Enter your email address into the appropriate field.
- Copy and Paste the token from your email into the appropriate field. The Token is a long string of random letters and numbers that allow you to securely upload letters of recommendation for an applicant.
- Click the "Login"
- You will now be logged into Recruit as a reference.
Uploading a letter
- Access Recruit.
- Read the confidentiality statement, and check the box below it.
Click the "Accept & Continue" button.
Click the "Choose File" button, and select the desired file.
- Optional: Enter a comment.
Click the "Upload Letter" button.
- Your reference letter will now be uploaded and a success window will appear. You will then be prompted to log out. Thank you for submitting your letter of reference.
PDFs and supported media file types
- Please convert your Confidential Letter of Recommendation to a PDF file. A PDF will preserve the fonts, letterhead images, and layout of the original document while compressing the document to reduce its size. Once converted, these documents will have a ".pdf" file extension, and will be easily readable by the search committees, using any PDF application, regardless of the operating system.
- See Creating PDF Files for more information.
- Other supported media file types include: zip, jpg, rar, tif, mov, bmp, 3gp, png, wmv, m4v, psd, swf, tiff, mp3, mp4.