What is Recruit?
Recruit is a program for managing the faculty recruitment process at UC Davis. The system allows applicants to apply for positions electronically, uploading and revising application materials as needed. The status of the application may be checked as frequently as necessary and questions for the hiring department or for general technical support may be emailed directly from the system.
Apply For A Position
Creating an application
- Locate the desired position in the list of open recruitments on Recruit's /apply.
- Click the recruitment to which you wish to apply.
- Read the application submission dates, the position's description, and the requirements. When you're ready, click the button, Apply Now
- Provide your email address.
- If you've previously verified your email address, you can provide your email and password to log in to your portfolio.
- The application information from your last application will be reused for this one. Verify that it's still up to date by clicking through the Next buttons.
- If you've never verified your email address, you'll be asked to do so now. This ensures that the hiring committee can contact you.
- Prove that you're not a robot by checking the box
- Click Send verification email
- Check your email for a message named "[UC Davis Recruit] Please verify your email address"
- Click the link inside to return to Recruit
- Choose a password
- Provide application information. If you've previously applied at UC Davis this may be reused from your last application. Verify that it's still up to date by clicking through the Next buttons.
- Review the information you have entered and click the button, Save my information.
- Your application will be created and you will be brought to the Position Information page to continue your application. Recruit will send you a "Thank you for applying" email.
Returning to your application
- If you have logged out of your application, navigate to Recruit's apply page at /apply
- Click the big orange "Log in to your portfolio" button to log in.
- Provide your email address
- Click "Next"
- Provide your password
- Click "Log in"
- You will now be logged in to your Portfolio
Log in troubles
- If you find yourself unable to log in, you can reset your password.
- Click the link "Trouble logging in?"
- Provide and confirm your email address
- The following confirmation message will appear: "If we found an account matching the email address you entered, we'll send an email with a link to reset your password."
- Wait a few moments then check your email for a message from Recruit. The subject line will be "[UC Davis Recruit] Password Reset".
- Follow the link in the email to return to Recruit
- In the form provided, set a new password, then click "Confirm"
- You will be logged in to your portfolio and your password will be updated
Third-party dossier services
Third-party dossier services, such as Interfolio, may interact with Recruit in a variety of ways. For more information, please contact your third-party provider's help desk.
The purpose of the Diversity Survey
As Federal Contractors, the University of California is obligated to report on fair practices to assure equal employment opportunity for gender and minorities.
When can I take the Diversity Survey?
Take the Diversity Survey at any time after creating your application.
Take the Diversity Survey:
- Click the Diversity Survey tab.
- Click the link, Submit diversity survey
- Fill in the required information.
- Click the button, Submit survey
- A confirmation will indicate your survey has been submitted.