Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The UC Davis Division of Continuing and Professional Education is the administrative home of a highly acclaimed and well-established Healthcare program portfolio. The Director of Healthcare Education and Training Programs oversees a $600K portfolio that currently includes the Healthcare Analytics Certificate, Health Informatics Certificate, Clinical Hematology course, and other programs created in cooperation with campus and industry leaders. As an academic leader in a self-supporting division, a continuing educator is first and foremost an academic entrepreneur who identifies new program opportunities, and develops high quality educational experiences that deliver value to learners and achieve financial sustainability. Under general oversight of the Senior Director, the director is responsible for setting the overall direction of the portfolio, and developing an academic strategic plan and budget that is aligned with Divisional goals for mission expansion and financial growth. The director oversees academic quality, relevance and fiscal sustainability of public-facing open enrollment programs. The director identifies and leads new programmatic initiatives from concept to execution, grounded in knowledge of the subject domain and trends in the continuing education field. He/she innovates curricula, delivery models, business models, and credentialing. The director engages broadly in the regional business community (public/private sector) to represent the division, keep the pulse on future needs, create partnerships and develop new educational opportunities. The director works with a team of 3 program staff for ongoing and developmental projects. As one of several portfolio leaders in the Center for Professional Studies, he/she actively contributes to and leads cross-functional initiatives that contribute to the success of the Center as a whole.
Minimum Qualifications: (must be attained at time of application)
- Master’s degree in Health Education, Nursing leadership, Healthcare management, Public Health, or a related health discipline
- 3 years of professional experience in a higher education or training organization
- Prior experience supervising and managing people
- Prior experience teaching, developing and/or managing educational programs
- Knowledge of adult learning principles, and experience applying those principles to the design of engaging learning experiences
- Demonstrated skills in outreach, new business development, partnerships
- Experience with budgeting and financial forecasting
- Experience using quantitative and qualitative data to assess new opportunities
- Track record of program leadership in an entrepreneurial educational context
- Knowledge of trends in continuing education
- Experience working in highly collaborative work environments
- Capacity to chart a vision and strategy for a portfolio
This is a full-time academic term appointment with an initial 1-year appointment, eligible for continued reappointment. Salary commensurate with experience. UC Davis Extension is unable to sponsor a work visa (H-1B) to fill this position. Successful candidate must be able to demonstrate that they are legally authorized to work in the United States.
UC Davis provides 13 paid holidays, 24 days accrued vacation and 12 days accrued sick leave. Position eligible for full benefits/retirement package. For more information about our extensive benefits please visit http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html. To learn more about UC Davis and our local communities please visit: https://frontdoor.ucdavis.edu/.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents