Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Teacher Credential program in the UC Davis School of Education invites applications for a pool of qualified Supervisors of Teacher Education, should an opening arise. Screening of applicants is ongoing and will continue as needed. The number of positions varies each year, depending on instructional need. These are part-time positions for a one-year, cohort-based program. Reappointment, if any, is based solely on instructional need. Each Supervisor must undergo an annual review, the outcome of which must be positive before a Supervisor can be considered for reappointment. We are seeking applicants who have expertise in the areas of teaching linguistically and culturally diverse students and in mentoring or supervising teachers. Supervisors teach and/or contribute to a weekly student teaching seminar and formally supervise each student teacher five times per quarter. Supervisors are expected to provide high quality instruction, mentorship, and supervision according to California Commission on Teaching Credentialing and program requirements; assist in weekly seminar courses (two hours per week); and submit reports and required documentation according to deadlines.
Specifically, the Supervisor of Teacher Education is responsible for the following:
• Attends quarterly Supervisor of Teacher Education meetings;
• Attends a minimum of two orientation events (one for student teachers and one for resident teachers);
• Attends a minimum of two professional development sessions for supervisors during the program year;
• Teaches/assists in a two-hour student teaching seminar once a week per quarter; seminar typically scheduled between 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
• Conducts a minimum of five (5) observations of classroom instruction per credential candidate during public school hours, typically during morning hours;
• Makes additional observations at school sites as necessary and as requested;
• Completes, collects, and submits all required documents for student teaching according to program deadlines;
• Conducts weekly communication with candidates in person, by phone, and/or via e-mail;
• Contributes to placement of candidates in approved local school districts;
• Contributes to orientation with mentor teachers and principals about teacher education program requirements and maintains ongoing communication throughout the candidate’s placement;
• Maintains current knowledge of effective supervision approaches, such as cognitive coaching, adult learning theory, and current content-specific pedagogy and instructional practices; and,
• Communicates with Teacher Education Director, Associate Director and staff to address student questions and concerns.
Required: A minimum of three years teaching experience in the content area of the candidate being supervised and have recent professional experiences in school settings where the curriculum aligns with the California’s adopted content standards and frameworks.
Preferred: At least one year of experience as a resident teacher or completion of the supervisory series offered through the School of Education.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Diversity contributions documented in the application file will be used to evaluate applicants. Visit http://academicaffairs.ucdavis.edu/diversity/equity_inclusion/index.html for guidelines about writing a diversity statement and why one is requested.
- 2 references required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information