Skip to main content

Ori-McKenney 2017 Jr. Specialist Recruitment

We are no longer accepting applications for this recruitment

Description

POSITION DESCRIPTION:
This position will be involved in interdisciplinary studies focusing on questions regarding the role of DYRK1a signaling in cancer and neuronal maintenance. The candidate will use purified proteins, cell culture lines, and Drosophila larval imaging to dissect the signaling cascades of DYRK1a in different cellular contexts. The position also requires maintaining fly lines, cell lines, and contributing to overall maintenance of the laboratory environment. The candidate will spend approximately 20% time in a lab management role maintaining lab stocks and databases and in service such as mentoring undergraduate students. The remaining 80% will be devoted to research. Finally, the candidate will summarize data, prepare figures, and assist writing manuscripts for publication and grant proposals, as well as presenting their research in regular group meetings. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal, communication, and decision-making skills; as well as the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.

BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor degree in biochemistry or cell biology with coursework in cellular signaling pathways. Experience in Gibson cloning, protein purification from both bacteria and insect cells, and basic fly husbandry is required. Must also have experience with performing kinase assays in vitro and analyzing data using Fiji. Must be able to keep a complete and detailed laboratory notebook of experimental procedures and data and to archive, label and document graphic and tabular data for publication, proposals, and/or presentations.

Job location

Davis, CA

Requirements

Document requirements
  • Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.

  • Cover Letter

  • Statement of Research - Describe your research experience and skills

Reference requirements
  • 2 required (contact information only)