TEACH IN NURSING SCIENCE AND HEALTH-CARE LEADERSHIP GRADUATE DEGREE CLINICAL PROGRAMS
The Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing seeks family nurse practitioner faculty to serve as instructors of record for the family nurse practitioner program as well as the prelicensure Master’s Entry Program in Nursing. Priority given to pediatric content experts qualified to serve as instructors of record for the Master’s Entry Program in Nursing.
Up to three academic positions at the assistant and associate professor rank in the Health Sciences Clinical Professor non-tenure series are available in Sacramento, California. Appointees to the Health Sciences Clinical Professor series are expected to engage in teaching, clinical care activities, dissemination of scholarship and provide university and public service. These faculty play a key role in the further development of the interdisciplinary and interprofessional curricula for the portfolio of graduate degree programs at the Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing.
Candidates must possess a primary care nurse practitioner certificate (F.N.P., A.N.P., G.N.P.) and be eligible for licensure in the state of California. The minimum requirement is a master’s degree from an accredited program. A doctoral degree (Ph.D., DNP, Ed.D., etc.) is preferred.
Candidates must also demonstrate:
- the ability to work cooperatively and collegially within a diverse environment
- clinical competence in health care settings
- proficiency in the teaching of students and teaching experience in an academic or clinical setting
- excellent communication skills to effectively work with students, staff, faculty, patients and other professional colleagues as a collaborative interdisciplinary team member
- ability to adhere to university policies and procedures
Candidates specifically for MEPN must meet the following qualifications:
- Clear and active California R.N. license
- One year full-time direct patient care as an R.N. or one academic year of R.N. clinical teaching, within last five years
- One year nurse education teaching experience or completion of a post baccalaureate course in teaching nursing
- Content expertise in one or more of the following areas medical surgical, pediatrics (required for one of the positions), women's health/obstetrics, community health, or psychiatric/mental health.
INSTITUTION BACKGROUND INFORMATION
UC Davis is one of the nation’s top public research universities and is part of the world’s preeminent public university system. UC Davis’ academic health center is located on a modern, 140-acre campus in Sacramento, California. In addition to the School of Nursing, the Sacramento campus is home to the School of Medicine and medical center, a fully accredited children’s hospital, a NCI-designated comprehensive cancer center, a level I trauma center and burn unit, and a full range of outpatient services. The campus also includes the brand new Betty Irene Moore Hall, an award-winning education center and library, the California Center for Health and Technology, the NIH-funded Clinical Translational Science Center, the Center for Reducing Health Disparities, and dozens of other clinical, educational and research centers.
The mission of the Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing at UC Davis is to cultivate academic excellence through immersive, interprofessional education and research in partnership with the communities it serves. Faculty, staff and students discover and disseminate knowledge to advance health, improve quality of care and shape policy.
The Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing is founded on five core attributes:
- leadership development
- interprofessional/interdisciplinary education
- transformative research
- cultural inclusiveness
- innovative technology
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: [http://policy.ucop.edu/dod4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct].
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Interest - Describe personal ideologies in nursing education and how they complement the mission and vision of the Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Diversity contributions documented in the application file will be used to evaluate applicants. Visit http://academicaffairs.ucdavis.edu/diversity/equity_inclusion/index.html for guidelines about writing a diversity statement and why one is requested.
- 3 required (contact information only)