The University of California, Davis School of Medicine is conducting a faculty search for an Emergency Medicine physician to serve as Vice Chair for Clinical Operations. This search will be conducted at the Associate/Full rank in the Clinical X or Health Sciences Clinical Professor series commensurate with experience and credentials. For the qualified individual, there are substantial opportunities for leadership and growth within the Department and the School of Medicine.
Specific responsibilities of the Vice Chair for Clinical Operations will include, but are not limited to:
• Strategic vision for clinical operations of the Emergency Department
• Oversight of all aspects of clinical operations, including the creation, coordination, and implementation of new projects
• Leadership of the clinical mission of the Emergency Department to ensure the delivery of high quality patient care
• Effectively communicate and collaborate within UC Davis Health to further develop and advance clinical programs and activities
• Participate on various UC Davis Health committees/task forces to ensure that Emergency Medicine is represented and provide updates, when appropriate
• Serve as a member of the School of Medicine faculty and UC Davis Health leadership team
• For HSCP faculty: provide and supervise clinical patient care in the Emergency Department, perform teaching activities, demonstrate involvement in scholarly work, and participate in university and public service
• For Clinical X faculty: provide and supervise clinical patient care in the Emergency Department, produce scholarly and creative work, perform teaching activities, and participate in university and public service
• Candidates must have proven ability to work cooperatively and collegially within a diverse environment and ability to adhere to policies and procedures
• Possess a MD, DO, or equivalent degree with a valid CA Medical License
• Completion of a residency in Emergency Medicine and ABEM board certification
• Eligible for medical licensure in California
• Prior leadership positions in clinical operations, patient safety, and quality of care
• Well-developed skill set related to leadership, management, communication, collegiality, teamwork, change agency, and cultural sensitivity
An exemplary record in the following areas:
• implementation of clinical operations initiatives with data supporting improved metrics
• knowledge of the health care industry and health care systems
• experience with regulatory requirements and site visits
• innovation in creating new programs
• recognition of outstanding educational talent
• accomplishment in research and creative work
• strong clinical productivity
For full consideration, applications should be received by 09/4/2017, however the position will remain open until filled through 06/30/2018. Please provide a cover letter outlining interests and experience along with curriculum vitae, statement of contributions to diversity and contact information for 3 references by uploading to: https://recruit.ucdavis.edu/apply/JPF01544.
The University of California, Davis, Medical Center, one of the nation's "Top 50 Hospitals," is a 613 bed academic medical center with approximately 80,000 emergency department visits annually, including approximately 20,000 pediatric visits. The emergency services facility opened in 2010 and is state-of-the-art. Our program provides comprehensive emergency services to a large local urban and referral population as a level 1 trauma center, paramedic base station and training center. The department also serves as the primary teaching site for a fully accredited EM residency program and eight different EM fellowship programs. Our residency training program began more than twenty years ago and currently has 48 residents. The Department has a separate area for the care of children and is one of the leading centers in the Pediatric Emergency Care Applied Research Network (PECARN).
Sacramento is located near the northern end of California's Center Valley, close to Lake Tahoe, San Francisco, and the "wine country" of the Napa and Sonoma Valleys. Sports enthusiasts will find Sacramento's climate and opportunities ideal.
This position may, at times, require the incumbent to work with or be in areas where hazardous materials and/or infectious diseases are present. Specific hazards of the position may include, but are not limited to, treating Hepatitis B patients, HIV patients, other infectious diseases, and also patients who may inflict physical harm.
UC Davis commits to inclusion excellence by advancing equity, diversity and inclusion in all that we do. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct.
If you need accommodation due to a disability, please contact the recruiting department.
Under Federal law, the University of California may employ only individuals who are legally able to work in the United States as established by providing documents as specified in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. Certain positions funded by federal contracts or sub-contracts require the selected candidate to pass an E-Verify check. More information is available http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
UC Davis is a smoke & tobacco-free campus (http://breathefree.ucdavis.edu/).
Cover Letter/Statement of Interest - Outlining interests and experience
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Diversity contributions documented in the application file will be used to evaluate applicants. Visit http://academicaffairs.ucdavis.edu/diversity/equity_inclusion/index.html for guidelines about writing a diversity statement and why one is requested.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)