Open date: May 25th, 2021
Last review date: Saturday, Jun 26, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Wednesday, May 25, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The University of California Davis
Department of Surgery
Academic Burn Surgeon
The Department of Surgery, Division of Burn Surgery, at the University of California, Davis seeks to recruit a full-time, academic burn surgeon focusing on burn care in the ClinX and In-Residence series. The Division of Burn Surgery at the UC Davis Medical Center is a nationally recognized program that offers the top level of care for patients with burn injuries. We provide comprehensive services for the medical, surgical, and reconstructive treatment of patients with burn injuries and burn related diseases. The Division of Burn Surgery educates trainees as part of its integrated burn residency and fellowship programs.
Expectations of a ClinX series are to engage in teaching, research, service and clinical work. Appointees the In-Residence series are required to participate in teaching, research, University/public service and patient care.
• The candidate must have a M.D. degree
• Have completed an ACGME accredited burn surgery residency and fellowship program
• Be board certified or board eligible in general surgery or plastic surgery
• Should have a strong interest and expertise in burn and burn reconstructive surgery, burn rehabilitation, microsurgical techniques, hand reconstruction, acute wound coverage, scar management, nutrition and metabolic management
• Experience with developing a research focus in Health Services / Outcomes Research, Clinical Research, Translational Research or equivalent academic endeavor
• All candidates must have the ability to work cooperatively and collegially within a diverse environment
• This individual will have experience with developing a research focus in Health Services / Outcomes Research, Clinical Research, Translational Research or equivalent academic endeavor. The selected individual will be expected to participate in clinical care, program development, teaching, research and university service.
• Possess a current California Medical License by appointment start date
Qualified applicants should apply at UC Recruit: https://recruit.ucdavis.edu/apply/JPF04045
Salary and level of appointment will be based upon experience and qualifications.
For more information, please contact the search committee chair, Soman Sen, MD at: firstname.lastname@example.org
UC Davis commits to inclusion excellence by advancing equity, diversity, and inclusion in all that we do. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action, policy see: http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct. If you need an accommodation due to a disability, please contact the recruiting department.
Under Federal law, the University of California may employ only individuals who are legally able to work in the United States as established by providing documents as specified in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. Certain positions funded by federal contracts or sub-contracts require the selected candidate to pass an E-Verify check. More information is available http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
UC Davis is a smoke & tobacco-free campus (http://breathefree.ucdavis.edu/).
Letter of interest - To outline clinical, educational and research experience
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Contributions to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - Contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion documented in the application file will be used to evaluate applicants. Visit https://academicaffairs.ucdavis.edu/faculty-equity-and-inclusion for guidelines about writing a statement and why one is requested.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
- 3-5 required (contact information only)