Open date: September 8th, 2020
Last review date: Tuesday, Sep 22, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Wednesday, Jun 30, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Department of Dermatology at the University of California, Davis invites applications for one part-time qualified Junior Specialists position. As a Junior Specialist, the candidate will assume responsibilities in assisting and conducting Clinical research under the direction of Dr. Peggy Wu.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DESIGNATED AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
Dr. Wu's clinical research team conducts cutting edge epidemiologic research, clinical trials, translational research in the areas of dermatitis and nonmelanoma skin cancers. Dr. Wu is the director of the UC Davis Dermatology Patch Test Clinic. Her research has been supported by the university and several foundational grants. Dr. Wu has a track record of mentorship and publishing in high-impact publications.
I. RESEARCH IN SPECIALIZED AREAS (85% EFFORT)
The incumbent in this position will contribute to translational and clinical research projects:
• Prepare documents for submission to the IRB.
• Aid in the preparation of grant applications.
• Providing and coordinating clinical studies that may involve industry sponsored Phase II, III, and IV clinical trials and investigator-initiated studies.
• Communicate with sponsors.
• Recruit and screen study participants.
• Coordinate participant clinical visits, and follow-up care, and ensure compliance with study protocols .
• Assist in all activities related to clinical trials and translational research.
• Manage datasets, records, and research documentation.
• Be facile with RedCap, Excel, Endnote.
• Perform basic patch testing.
• Mentor volunteer and students as required.
II. PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCE AND ACTIVITY (10% EFFORT)
• Participate in appropriate professional/technical groups and other educational and research organizations. For example, attend and present at the UC Davis Department of Dermatology Grand Rounds, UC Davis Department of Dermatology Clinical Research meetings; attend one national conference, either the Society of Investigative Dermatology annual meeting, the American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting, or the American Contact Dermatitis Society annual or mid-year meeting.
• Participate in publication of research activities such as reviewing journal articles and presentation.
• Develop and submit publications including abstracts and manuscripts.
• Attend and present at local and national research meetings.
III. UNIVERSITY AND PUBLIC SERVICE (5 % EFFORT)
• Participate in activities of Lab Safety Committee (Departmental)
- Bachelor's degree in Biological Sciences, or related field.
- At least one year of laboratory experience.
- Able to compile, understand, and interpret data.
- Able to work cooperatively and collegiality within a diverse environment.
- Knowledge of IRB and clinical trials preferred.
- Experience with Patch Testing preferred.
Step 1, $21.32/hour (15%) - or Step 2, $22.71/hour, (15%) Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This position is open effective September 8, 2020 with an initial review date of September 22, 2020. The position will close on June 30, 2021.
Short term, seasonal appointment based on the needs of the research project. Appointments may be made up to 15%. Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Qualified applicants should upload a cover letter detailing their qualifications for the position, a PDF of their curriculum vitae and contact information for 3 references online at https://recruit.ucdavis.edu/apply/JPF03720. Please direct questions to Anandika Shafiq at firstname.lastname@example.org. UC Davis commits to inclusion excellence by advancing equity, diversity and inclusion in all that we do. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
Under Federal law, the University of California may employ only individuals who are legally able to work in the United States as established by providing documents as specified in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. Certain UCD positions funded by federal contracts or sub-contracts require the selected candidates to pas s an E-Verify check. More information is available http://www.uscis .gov/e-verify.
UC Davis is a smoke & tobacco-free campus (http://breathefree.ucdavis.edu/). If you need accommodation due to a disability, please contact the recruiting department.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - Contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion documented in the application file will be used to evaluate applicants. Visit https://academicaffairs.ucdavis.edu/faculty-equity-and-inclusion for guidelines about writing a statement and why one is requested.
- 3-5 required (contact information only)