Open date: June 24th, 2020
Next review date: Tuesday, Jul 21, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Monday, Aug 31, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Overview of the Position:
Human Services, a department of Continuing and Professional Education, provides continuing education programs and public service to adults throughout California. On a yearly basis, the Center coordinates over 5,000 classes and trains nearly 60,000 students. Human Services programs includes a $10 million-dollar county and state-funded, annually-renewable project which reaches 5,000 enrollments in child welfare classes. In addition, Human Services currently maintains contracts with several entities, including the Department of Developmental Services, the Northern Director’s Association and CWS/CMS. Contracted duties include providing technical assistance, training and research support. Human Services has also worked on a national and international level, providing expertise in quality improvement to all areas of workforce development.
Under the general direction of the Department Chair (Continuing Educator III), this position is responsible for independent coordination of evaluation projects, including daily management decisions, internal and external consultation, and providing research and evaluation knowledge to projects and education of staff. As the evaluation expert for CPE-Human Services, this position focuses on expertise in the design, execution, analysis, and evaluation of the Human Services academic projects within the field of developmental disabilities, public assistance programs, child welfare and adult learning application.
Minimum Qualifications: (must be attained at time of application)
• Doctorate degree
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in evaluation and research methodology, theory and practice
• Experience in managing and analyzing large data sets in the area of developmental disabilities, child welfare or other related human services field
• Experience in developing evaluation methodologies for a variety of programs and data sets
• Experience in research and evaluation methodology related to human services program implementation and outcomes
• Ability to lead others in planning and implementation efforts
• Expertise in evaluating the application of adult learning methodologies
• Ability to report and present on data outcomes to non-academia stakeholders
• Experience working in the fields of developmental disabilities, child welfare or other human services field
• Supervisory and/or leadership experience to manage a team or research project
• Experience working with diverse groups of stakeholders, including federal legislators, funders, and representatives from populations served, consultant and colleagues.
• Knowledge and experience with data visualization
This is a full-time academic term appointment with an initial 1-year appointment, eligible for continued reappointment.
Academic Administrator level (I-IV) will be based on qualifications and experience of final candidate. Placement within salary scale commensurate with level and experience. UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education is unable to sponsor a work visa (H-1B) to fill this position. Successful candidate must be able to demonstrate that they are legally authorized to work in the United States.
UC Davis provides 13 paid holidays, 24 days accrued vacation and 12 days accrued sick leave. Position eligible for full benefits/retirement package. For more information about our extensive benefits please visit http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html. To learn more about UC Davis and our local communities please visit: https://frontdoor.ucdavis.edu/.
Qualified applicants should upload a Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae/Resume via: https://recruit.ucdavis.edu/JPF03612 by 7/5/20.
UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) will be strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space. Additional information and specifics regarding the policy are available at http://breathefree.ucdavis.edu/index.html.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Work Sample - Please provide an example of a report you have prepared containing data analysis.
Statement of Contributions to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - Contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion documented in the application file will be used to evaluate applicants. Visit https://academicaffairs.ucdavis.edu/faculty-equity-and-inclusion for guidelines about writing a statement and why one is requested.