Open date: May 29th, 2020
Last review date: Thursday, Jun 18, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Wednesday, Jun 30, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Department of Computer Science at the University of California, Davis, anticipates up to 1-3 openings for Temporary Lecturers to teach undergraduate courses. These positions are dependent upon the instructional needs of the department and may be full- or part-time. A list of the courses that may be available is included below. Other courses may also be available dependent on instructional needs.
Candidates must have at least a Masters degree, and preferably a Ph.D., in CS or a closely related field. Previous teaching experience and evidence of teaching excellence or potential for excellence is preferred.
Salary and appointment level commensurate with experience and percentage of appointment. These positions are covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
Interested persons should submit a letter of interest identifying courses they are interested in teaching, a curriculum vitae, and the names of three references. Optional recommended documents are reprints or other examples of scholarly achievement and teaching evaluations. Applications should be submitted using the UC Davis online recruiting system at the following link: https://recruit.ucdavis.edu/JPF03530
To ensure full consideration, applications should be received by June 18th, 2020. Positions are open until filled.
UC Davis is an affirmative action/equal employment opportunity employer and is dedicated to recruiting a diverse faculty community. We welcome all qualified applicants to apply, including women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans
Courses which may be available:
• ECS 15 (Introduction to Computers)
• ECS 20 (Discrete Mathematics for Computer Science)
• ECS 32A (Introduction to Programming)
• ECS 32B (Introduction to Data Structures)
• ECS 36A (Programming & Problem Solving)
• ECS 36B (Software Development and Object-Oriented Programming in C++)
• ECS 36C (Data Structures, Algorithms, & Programming)
• ECS 50 (Computer Organization and Machine-Dependent Programming)
• ECS 122A (Algorithm Design and Analysis)
• ECS 150 (Operating Systems and System Programming)
• ECS 152B (Computer Networks)
• ECS 154A (Computer Architecture)
• ECS 165B (Database Systems)
• ECS 173 (Image Processing and Analysis)
See Course List for course descriptions.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - Contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion documented in the application file will be used to evaluate applicants. Visit https://academicaffairs.ucdavis.edu/faculty-equity-and-inclusion for guidelines about writing a statement and why one is requested.
- 3-5 required (contact information only)