Open date: June 15th, 2020
Last review date: Tuesday, Jun 30, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Wednesday, Jun 30, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Department of Neurology at the University of California, Davis invites applications for a qualified Junior Specialist. This position will be involved in interdisciplinary studies in the areas of aging, Alzheimer’s disease, and dementia caregiving in underserved communities.
In addition to coordinating ongoing research projects in the Diversity and Disparities Lab, the junior specialist will do the following:
Specific research and technical activities:
• Review journal articles and engage in discussions on research and the interpretation of research results.
• Review journal manuscripts and publications related to aging and Alzheimer’s disease and dementia caregiving in underserved populations.
• Conduct research participant consents and assessments.
• Responsible for data entry of quantitative data. The junior specialist will enter data of research participants in various studies (i.e., measures of caregiver burden, depression, quality of life, stress, etc.) and develop a system for data management
• Data analysis will occur via team meetings where everyone’s input on data interpretation and analysis will be solicited.
• The junior specialist will be invited to participate in writing/co-authoring conference abstracts and manuscripts for publication. Specific responsibilities will include writing the Introduction or Methods of an abstract or paper.
• Coordinate lab meetings
• Assist with ongoing research studies
• Assist with coordination of recruitment, outreach, and engagement events in
• Filing and keeping data folders updated
The employment contract is for one year, but there is the possibility of extension depending on research need and candidate’s trajectory.
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in social sciences. Demonstrated experience in being a part of a research lab and coordinating research/programmatic activities. Interest in social determinants of health, aging, dementia, and dementia caregiving.
Ability to speak Vietnamese and/or Spanish, with preference for individuals who are literate in the Vietnamese language and/or Spanish language.
Appointments are made contingent upon availability of funding. The term of this appointment is short term, based on the needs of the research projects. The appointment will be 100% time.
To apply, please go to the following link: https://recruit.ucdavis.edu/apply/JPF03491
To receive full consideration, applications must be received by June 30, 2020. However, the position will remain open until filled through June 30, 2021. Applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae as PDF files. Applicants should also provide contact information for at least 2 references.
To learn more about the Department of Neurology at UC Davis, please visit: http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/neurology/
UC Davis commits to inclusion excellence by advancing equity, diversity and inclusion in all that we do. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct.
Under Federal law, the University of California may employ only individuals who are legally able to work in the United States as established by providing documents as specified in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. Certain UCD positions funded by federal contracts or sub-contracts require the selected candidate to pass an E-Verify check. More information is available http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
UC Davis is a smoke & tobacco-free campus (http://breathefree.ucdavis.edu/)
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
- 2 required (contact information only)