Open date: October 1st, 2019
Last review date: Friday, Dec 13, 2019 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Wednesday, Sep 30, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The University of California, Davis, School of Medicine, Department of Dermatology, is recruiting for a Pediatric Dermatologist in the Clinical X series or Health Sciences Clinical Professor (HSCP) series at the Assistant/Associate/Full Professor level based on experience and qualifications. The appointment may be made up to 100%.
• Candidates must possess an MD or MD/PhD, can be board eligible, but must be board-certified in dermatology at the time of starting employment and must be eligible for medical licensure in the State of California.
• Candidates must also be board eligible in pediatric dermatology at the time of starting employment and board certified within 2 years of starting employment.
• Successful completion of an approved dermatology residency training program (ACGME accredited) and successful completion of an approved pediatric dermatology fellowship program (ACGME accredited).
• Demonstrated proficiency in the teaching of students and housestaff.
• Service including committees, leadership ability, and community outreach.
• Ability to work cooperatively and collegially within a diverse environment.
• Ability to adhere to policies and procedures, and leadership experience and abilities.
• Selected candidates will be expected to participate in clinical care, teaching, research and university service.
• Experience and interest in clinical research.
For first consideration, applications should be received by October 15, 2019; however, the position will be open until filled through September 30, 2020. The following information is required: Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, contact information for 3-5 references and Statement of Contributions to Diversity. Please visit http://academicaffairs.ucdavis.edu/diversity/equity_inclusion/index.html for information about why diversity statements are requested and guidelines for writing a diversity statement. Please upload this information and apply online at https://recruit.ucdavis.edu/apply/JPF03038.
The position is located in Sacramento, California. The Department of Dermatology (http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/dermatology) is a major clinical care, research, and teaching department in the School of Medicine. Our faculty are engaged in multiple collaborations with other Schools and UC Davis campus departments, research centers, clinical centers, and primary care networks, and thus all positions require flexibility in local job locations in addition to the Department of Dermatology. This includes the Veteran's Administration, UCD Medical Center Campus, and other community centers.
UC Davis commits to inclusion excellence by advancing equity, diversity and inclusion in all that we do. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy, see: http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct. If you need accommodation due to a disability, please contact the recruiting department.
Under Federal law, the University of California may employ only individuals who are legally able to work in the United States as established by providing documents as specified in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. Certain UC Davis positions funded by federal contracts or sub-contracts require the selected candidates to pass an E-Verify check. More information is available at http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
UC Davis is a smoke & tobacco-free campus (http://breathefree.ucdavis.edu).
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - Contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion documented in the application file will be used to evaluate applicants. Visit https://academicaffairs.ucdavis.edu/faculty-equity-and-inclusion for guidelines about writing a statement and why one is requested.
Statement of Teaching - teaching statement is a concise description of the central ideas behind your teaching. It describes the experience you have gained through teaching, and explains your teaching practices.
- 3-5 required (contact information only)