Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The UC Davis Mabie Law Library is recruiting for a full-time career Research Librarian.
The Mabie Law Library is an integral part of the UC Davis School of Law, and provides services that support the teaching, research, and scholarship of its students and faculty. The Library’s collection and staff are housed in King Hall on the Davis campus. The Library has access to more than 10,000 databases which are provided through its library licenses, campus, and UC-wide license agreements.
• Provides extensive legal research assistance to law students, faculty and other patrons
• Serves as library liaison to faculty members and provides complex legal research assistance in support of faculty scholarship and teaching.
• Participates in advanced legal research instruction programs and in-class instructions sessions;
• Investigates and implements, as appropriate, new technologies and systems relevant to research services;
• Participates in library’s marketing and communications efforts;
• Actively participates in student outreach programs;
• Actively participates in developing and implementing law practice technology programs for students;
• Contributes to the development, implementation and evaluation of reference and public services policies, procedures and publications;
• Reports to the Head of Public Services who may assign additional functions as necessary.
• Ability to work some evenings until 8pm, & occasional weekends.
• MLS or equivalent from an ALA accredited library school;
• Substantial knowledge of print-based and online legal research systems and resources, especially Lexis Advance and Westlaw;
• Strong service orientation;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment; and
• J.D. preferred, or 2 or more years of experience as a legal research reference librarian.
Salary, Benefits, and Work Hours:
This is a career position and the salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. UC professional librarians are academic appointees and are represented by an exclusive bargaining unit, University Council-American Federation of Teachers (UC AFT). This position is in the bargaining unit.
UC Davis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy, see: http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct
Application materials must be submitted via the following website: https://recruit.ucdavis.edu/JPF02638. To ensure full consideration, completed applications must be received by February 28, 2019; however, the position will remain open until filled through June 30, 2019.
Cover Letter - Stating qualifications and interest.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Diversity contributions documented in the application file will be used to evaluate applicants. Visit http://academicaffairs.ucdavis.edu/diversity/equity_inclusion/index.html for guidelines about writing a diversity statement and why one is requested.
- 3-5 required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information