Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, at the University of California, Davis, seeks applicants for an up to three (3) Assistant Project Scientists in the field of cancer biology and molecular imaging.
Position Responsibilities: The successful applicant will make significant and creative contributions to a research or creative project in the field of cancer biology and molecular imaging. The appointee will possess the subject matter expertise and the creative energy necessary to function at a high level of competence. The appointee will participate in activities to increase, improve, or upgrade competency. Appointees with Project (e.g., Scientist) titles may engage in University and public service. They do not have teaching responsibilities. Although the Project Scientist will be expected to work independently under the general guidance of an academic member with an independent research program (i.e., Professor, Professional Researcher, Specialist in Cooperative Extension, etc.), he/she will not be required to develop an independent research program or reputation. He/she will carry out research or creative programs with supervision by an individual in an academic title that carries with it automatic Principal status. The Project Scientist does not usually serve as a Principal Investigator but may do so by exception.
This is a full-time appointment for one year and renewal will be dependent on availability of funding.
The duties are to make significant and creative research contributions to the field of cancer biology and molecular imaging with a focus on probe design and in vivo screening.
Specific research duties include:
• Compound design and synthesis
• Compound evaluation in vitro and in vivo
• Assay development (in vitro and in vivo)
• Publish research results in peer-reviewed journals as senior author
• Prepare reports on research findings
• Assist to acquire funding to support research program
Other research duties include:
• Write progress reports to funding agencies
• Train, consult with, and advise graduate students and post-doctoral researchers with regard to experimental design and data analysis of studies conducted in his or her area of expertise
• Degree (PhD) in molecular biology, pharmaceutical sciences or a related field [with a minimum of five-year experience in laboratory and/or field research]
• Postdoctoral Fellowship(s)
• Experience in devising and conducting studies to test the efficacy of imaging agents in chemical and cell based assays.
• Experience in molecular imaging and probe development
• Participated in evaluation of targeted imaging agents as well as rigorous research methodologies.
• Diversity/Collegiality – Ability to work cooperatively and collegially within a diverse environment preferred.
• Administration, leadership experience and abilities - Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures preferred.
Applications should be submitted by October 29, 2018 for initial consideration. However, the position will remain open until June 30, 2019
Qualified applicants should upload a letter of interest, contact information for 3 references, and their curriculum vitae online at https://recruit.ucdavis.edu/apply/JPF02456
Please direct questions to Shirl Fischer at HemOncJobs@ucdavis.edu
This recruitment is conducted at the Assistant rank. The resulting hire will be at the assistant/associate rank, regardless of the proposed appointee’s qualifications.
The University of California, Davis is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of diversity among its faculty, staff, and students
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct.
Under Federal law, the University of California may employ only individuals who are legally able to work in the United States as established by providing documents as specified in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. Certain UCSC positions funded by federal contracts or sub-contracts require the selected candidate to pass an E-Verify check. More information is available http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify\
If you need accommodation due to a disability, please contact the recruiting department.
This recruitment is conducted at the Assistant rank. The resulting hire will be at the Assistant rank, regardless of the proposed appointee's qualifications.
UC Davis supports Family-friendly recruitments. UC Davis covers travel expenses for a second person to accompany an invited faculty recruitment candidate who is a mother (or single parent of either gender) of a breast or bottle-feeding child less than two years of age. http://academicaffairs.ucdavis.edu/programs/work-life/index.html
UC Davis recognizes the necessity of supporting faculty with efforts to integrate work, family and other
work-life considerations. To recruit and retain the best faculty, the campus sponsors a Work Life Program that provides programs and services that support faculty as they strive to honor their commitments to work, home and community.
UC Davis and UC Davis Health System are a smoke- and tobacco-free campuses. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) will be strictly prohibited on any property owned or leased by UC Davis- indoors and outdoors, including parking lots, and residential space.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- 3 required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information