Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Department of Computer Science at the University of California, Davis, anticipates up to 1-3 openings for Temporary Lecturers to teach undergraduate courses during Academic Year 2018-2019. These positions are dependent upon the instructional needs of the department and may be full- or part-time. A list of the courses that may be available is included below. Other courses may also be available dependent on instructional needs.
Candidates must have at least a Masters degree, and preferably a Ph.D., in CS or a closely related field. Previous teaching experience and evidence of teaching excellence or potential for excellence is preferred. Knowledge of modern database systems and/or academic research experience in database systems is desired.
Salary and appointment level commensurate with experience. Actual salary is based on percentage of appointment: One course = 33% appointment. These positions are covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
Interested persons should submit a letter of interest identifying courses they are interested in teaching, a curriculum vitae, and the names of three references. Optional recommended documents are reprints or other examples of scholarly achievement and teaching evaluations. Applications should be submitted using the UC Davis online recruiting system at the following link: https://recruit.ucdavis.edu/apply/JPF02224
To ensure full consideration, applications should be received by June 30th, 2018. Positions are open until filled.
UC Davis is an affirmative action/equal employment opportunity employer and is dedicated to recruiting a diverse faculty community. We welcome all qualified applicants to apply, including women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans
Courses which may be available:
• ECS 10 (Basic Concepts of Computing)
• ECS 15 (Introduction to Computers)
• ECS 20 (Discrete Mathematics for Computer Science)
• ECS 30 (Programming and Problem Solving)
• ECS 40 (Software Development and Object-Oriented Programming)
• ECS 50 (Computer Organization and Machine-Dependent Programming)
• ECS 60 (Data Structures and Programming)
• ECS 122A (Algorithm Design and Analysis)
• ECS 150 (Operating Systems and system Programming)
• ECS 152B (Computer Networks)
• ECS 154A (Computer Architecture)
• ECS 165 B (Database Systems)
• ECS 173 (Image Processing and Analysis)
See Course List for course descriptions.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Diversity contributions documented in the application file will be used to evaluate applicants. Visit http://academicaffairs.ucdavis.edu/diversity/equity_inclusion/index.html for guidelines about writing a diversity statement and why one is requested.
- 3-5 required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information